What is RubyCocoa ?
RubyCocoa lets you write a Cocoa application in Ruby. It allows you to create and use a Cocoa object in a Ruby script. It’s possible to write a Cocoa application that mixes Ruby and Objective-C code.
Some useful applications of RubyCocoa:
- Exploration of a Cocoa object’s features with
- Prototyping of a Cocoa application
- Writing a Cocoa application that combines good features of Ruby and Objective-C
- Wrapping Mac OS X’s native GUI for a Ruby script
- Ruby 1.8
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard or later